What do we collect?
In order to fulfil an efficient service, we may ask for information including the following:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example this can include, name and contact details, email addresses, financial information, website user stats);
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
We also process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with our website
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. We will only contact you via email and will not store your contact details without consent. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, please contact us if you wish to do so.
How we get the personal information and why we have it?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To be added to our mailing list to receive updates from White Commercial.
- Information provided in order to comply with the HMRC Anti-Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (details at the end of this policy).
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
What do we do with the information we gather?
- It may be used for internal record keeping.
- It may be used to improve our products and services.
- We may sometimes send promotional emails and postal mailings about our properties, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes and this will be by email, phone, or post.
How secure are we?
We are committed to ensuring that all information held by us is safe and secure. We have rigorous systems in place to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
- We only keep personal data for as long as we need it.
- AMLR information is kept for a period of 5 years and after this period personal information is destroyed securely, as per HMRC guidelines.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer; however, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the functionality of a website.
Do we have links to other websites?
We do not have links to other websites.
Your data protection rights?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- You are welcome, at any time, to change your preferences with regards to what we contact you about and you can do this by emailing [email protected].
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request, at any time, details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR Act 2018 and this will be provided within 30 days*. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Mr Chris White
White Commercial Chartered Surveyors
49 Castle Street
Oxon OX16 5NU
* Please note that you will be required to provide proof of identity.
- If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.